Sunday, November 23, 2008

The View from Here

Since my last blog entry I've had some great shots and some not so great shots on my barely 3 year old camera. Apparently, it has decided to quit working at 100% when it works at all. However, when it has functioned in a useful manner, I grabbed these photos.

Also, a few friends have asked after us since the horrible fires of the past several weeks in Southern California. Thankfully, we are okay. A little choked up from all of the smoke, but okay. I have attached a series of before and after type shots for comparison.

This is what the view from my rooftop should look like...
(Click on any of the photos below to embiggen them.)




But, after the fires, this is what it looked like - UGH!


This is looking NE towards the San Bernardino Mountains, although you can't actually see them in this photo.



No sooner had the fires ended, and the Hollywood types were out in force again in my hood, trying to capture some last episodes before the big actors strike? Who knows, and mores imply put, who fucking cares if these self-important douchebags cut their own throats or not? Remember that the sickening endless supply of shitty "reality teevee" got a jump-start after the writers' strike in the 90s.



Setting up the scene for a "CSI: New York" episode. Note the logos on the vehicles, which were/are parked in DTLA, not in NYC.




NYPD police HQ in your neighborhood in Los Angeles? More likely than you think!

I found this sign on the ground on my way home recently. Pretty much sums up life in these harsh times. Hell, the other day I saw a pimp driving a Volkswagen. Man, that's rough!




I swear, the sticker was already there when I found it, honest...

No comments: